- AAL AUSTRIA
- Unser Angebot
The new high-impact article collection Physical Fitness via Advanced Technology – ICT and AI Solutions for Healthier Ageing is looking for paper contributions to this project.
This research topic aims to bring together a collection of articles that deal with the topic of fitness and exercise promotion of people aged 50+ years using ICT and AI. In doing so, we aim to create a pool of knowledge that will facilitate exploring effective exercise and promoting strategies but also avoid mistakes in future research efforts. This should support the further acquisition of scientific insights in this young, interdisciplinary field of research.
The demographic development in industrialized countries presents us with the challenge of an aging society. In many countries, the population aged 65 and above is the only age group experiencing growth and it is within this group that non-communicable diseases are more prevalent. To ensure not only an increase in the lifespan but also the opportunity to live these additional years in the best possible health, greater efforts will be needed in the future to reach the target group with physical activity and health promotion interventions. However, staffing levels in the health and care sector are unlikely to be sufficient to achieve this, so innovative strategies, such as the use of ICT and AI, will be needed to drive such improvements. With our collection, we want to contribute to making such solutions a realistic scenario for future physical activity and health promotion.
We welcome the submission of manuscripts including, but not limited to, the following topics: interventions for people over 50+ years aimed at improving or maintaining physical fitness, well-being and health, delivered through advanced information and communication technology (ICT) and/or the latest artificial intelligence (AI) applications.
Special focus will be given, but not restricted to:
● Approaches that deal with feedback regarding movement quality and exercise loading
● Manuscripts dealing with the needs of the target group regarding ICT applications
● Augmented reality and artificial intelligence applications
● Manuscripts that elaborate on adherence-enhancing measures
● Interventions that provide structured exercise programs, in particular strength training
● Interventions that deliver physical activity promotion in general
● Interventions that are suitable for frail individuals
● Manuscripts that show mixed-method approaches to the study of human movement and the needs of an aging population concerning the use of new technologies
● Approaches to user-centered design applications of ICT and AI technologies that support healthy aging through movement and exercise.
The Abstract Submission Deadline is the 22 August 2023.
The Manuscript Submission Deadline is the 20 January 2024.