- AAL AUSTRIA
- Unser Angebot
This year the International Day of Older Persons 2021 (UNIDOP) will take place on 01.10.2021 as an online event. It will provide a platform for multistakeholder dialogue and serve as a call to action. The theme of this year´s UNIDOP is “Digital Equity for All Ages” which predicates the need for access and meaningful participation in the digital world by older persons. The UNIDOP2021 will adopt a person centered, human rights approach to ensure digital equity including adequate policies, access, digital literacy and safety for individuals of all ages.
Objectives of the event are:
– To address digital availability, connectivity, design, affordability, capacity building, infrastructure, and innovation in the areas of public and private interests.
– To bring awareness of the importance of digital inclusion of older persons, while tackling stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination associated with digitalization taking into account sociocultural norms and the right to autonomy.
– To highlight policies to leverage digital technologies for full achievement of the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
– To explore the role of policies and legal frameworks to ensure privacy and safety of older persons in the digital world.
– To promote an intersectional person-centered human rights approach for a society for all ages taking into account existing/non-existing legal instruments in the field of digitalization.
Find out more information and how to sign up for the event here.