- AAL AUSTRIA
- Unser Angebot
The European Week of Active & Healthy Ageing (EWAHA) is a joint initiative of the AAL Programme, EIP on AHA and JPI MYBL. It is taking place online from 2-6 November 2020 and will not only look into the most pressing and emerging consequences of COVID-19 on the older population in Europe, but will also warm up for the AAL Forum 2021 in Trieste, Italy.
There will be a series of discussions and webinars in which a range of policy leaders and experts on health, care and ageing from all over Europe will be participating. In addition to a focus on intergenerational solidarity and aligning health and care systems with the needs of ageing populations, the event will also cover implications for innovative capacity-building in systems and services for healthy ageing.
Furthermore, there will be a special session that presents participants from the AAL Smart Ageing Prize and their successes of entrepreneurs in the healthy ageing domain.
Main topics will be:
– Battling against ageism and ageing: the case for a new Intergenerational contract and a rethinking of the role of older adults within society
– The decade of ageing: introduction and perspectives
– Investments strategies to accelerate market adoption of healthy ageing digital solutions
– Strategies to build and consolidate AHA regional innovation ecosystems
– Good life, Ageing & technology from the perspective of various European countries
– At the front line: a discussion with European Geriatrics to learn the post Covid-19 effects on older adults and the strategies to avoid future disruptions
– High Level Political Debate: is Europe politically ready to face future pandemics?
– Capacity building initiatives in the context of health and care innovation
– Understanding wellbeing in an ageing society: how appropriate are current measures of wellbeing across the changing life course?
Find out more about the European Week of Healthy & Active Ageing here.
Sign up for the event here.